This page is all the “fine print” regarding enrolling your child at St. Margaret Mary. If you have any questions about the process or the timing of the process, please call our school office and we can talk you through the details. We would love to brag about our programs!
- Students entering the 3 year-old Preschool program must be 3 years of age or older on or before September 1st of the current year.
- Students entering the 4 year-old Preschool program must be 4 years of age or older on or before September 1st of the current year.
- Students entering Kindergarten should be 5 years of age or older on or before September 1st of the current year.
- Students entering Grade 1 should be six years of age or older on or before September 1st of the current year.
Registration: A registration fee is assessed each year. This fee is non-refundable and not applicable to tuition.
New Students: For the admission of a Preschool child, Kindergarten child, 1st grade child, or transfer student, parents should present the following items:
- Child’s birth certificate or some legal verification of the child’s age.
- Baptismal record for Christian students.
- Record or compliance with health code.
- Transfer from another school.
- Copy of latest report card or assessment.
St. Margaret Mary invites the parents of children who are currently attending other schools to visit SMM and consider it as an alternative to the situation that is not helping a child thrive. We recommend at least one parent visit and hope that we can arrange for your child to “shadow” one of our students of the same grade level for half a day.
When a student transfers to St. Margaret Mary from another school, the parents must request that school records be sent from the school the child is leaving. We will also request the child’s final report card from that school.
All transfer students will be considered on probation for their first year at SMM. This probation will be used to determine:
- If St. Margaret Mary School has a program to fit the student’s needs.
- If the student is able to comply with the policies and rules of St. Margaret Mary School.
- If the tuition and fees are paid on time.
- If the parent/guardian will follow through on suggested testing or counseling as deemed necessary for the child.
St. Margaret Mary is operated under the auspices of the Archdiocese of Chicago and the Catholic Bishop of Chicago. We admit students of any race, color, sex, national and ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities.
Watch this page for all the forms, links, deadlines, etc. that you will need to register for the next school year. Don’t hesitate to call us, though, if you have specific questions or if you are interested in transferring your child mid-year. We’ll do our best to answer all your questions.
St. Margaret Mary School provides tuition assistance for families who require financial aid in order for their children to attend St. Margaret Mary. The amount of aid awarded will depend on the family’s individual financial situation and the amount of aid available. Families wishing to apply for aid should fill out an application through PSAS—this application is available from the school office or via a link on the Forms page. Once the results of the application are determined an award will be granted. The entire process is confidential. Our goal is to work with all families who want a Catholic education for their children. Please contact the school office for more details.