Admission Policies/Statement of Non-Discrimination
St. Margaret Mary is operated under the auspices of the Catholic Bishop of Chicago, a Corporation Sole, in the Archdiocese of Chicago. The school admits students of any race, color, creed, sex, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in this school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national and ethnic origin in the employment of teachers and staff or in the administration of educational policies, athletic or other school-administered programs.
Catholic students will be given first consideration. The decision for admission or re-admission of a student rests with the Principal in consultation with the Pastor.
Order of Admission is as follows:
A. Children of Registered and Participating Parishioners
1. Children currently enrolled at SMM School
2. Brothers or sisters of currently enrolled students
3. Children of families who are newly registered in the parish
4. Transfer students from the public school
5. Children reaching school age by September 1
B. Transfer students from other Catholic schools
1. Children from schools that are closing or merging
2. Children from parishes that do not have a school
C. Children of non-parishioners
1. Children of families with children already enrolled at SMM
2. Children of families who have attended other Catholic schools